Washington employers lead their organizations at a time of rapid change and increasing regulation. We see the big picture on behalf of our clients, providing strategies and guidance to achieve their goals, mitigate risk, and enhance productivity. We look for ways to support our clients’ objectives, and we provide finely tuned strategic alternatives when they’re worth considering. Our approach is deeply individualized, leading to practical, cost-efficient solutions that fit each employer’s business scale, workplace culture, and financial objectives. We know we’ve done our work when managers and executives are free to focus on leading a successful organization rather than dealing with unnecessary employee problems and litigation.
Comprehensive Advice and Practical Solutions
Our clients know they can call with a question anytime—even if it seems like a minor issue. Getting direction on a small or emerging concern now can be critical to avoiding more serious problems later on. We provide timely, clear answers and guidance in navigating day-to-day workplace decisions that can make the difference between a highly productive, low-risk workplace and a number of expensive, disruptive lawsuits. We support and protect employers through a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Developing personnel policies and employee handbooks tailored to our client’s needs and providing protection against various employment law claims
- Advising clients on lawful hiring and separation, including departing employee disputes
- Providing guidance on state and federal wage and hour compliance
- Helping employers navigate the nuances and evolving requirements of disability accommodation and protected leave
- Counseling employers on their obligations, defenses, and preventive strategies under the laws prohibiting discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Keeping employers up to date on the rapidly developing law on employee rights in the nonunion workplace
- Providing consultation on investigation-related legal issues, including attorney-client privilege and work product protections
- Protecting employers from unintended exposure in the areas of privacy and employee monitoring
Responding to Administrative Charges
We’re experienced in defending claims before government agencies charged with enforcing employment law. We help employers face such claims by responding to agency investigations, providing representation in administrative hearings and mediation, and, where appropriate, negotiating early resolution.
Protecting Against Unfair Competition
Unfair competition continues to be a challenge for many employers around the state. We help our clients to prevent it, protect proprietary information, and safeguard trade secrets by advising on and drafting defensible noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and nondisclosure agreements.